Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Single By Choice



Often people joke about me being a confirmed bachelor. The thing is – I'm single by choice. It's not because I can't find a girlfriend, I just don't want one. I really cannot understand the pressure that society puts on individuals right now to find a partner. I'm not against marriage and the chances are that some day soon I will decide it's time and I'll start dating, but until then I am happy being my own man. So I ask that my single friends, my mom and my sister please stop trying to match make for me! Single does not always equal available. So what's so great about being single? Here are ten reason's why I am glad to be a bachelor!

  1. I get to focus on my career. I've seen so many of my co-workers fall behind in the promotion race because they can't work late or hang at a strip club with clients.
  2. You can make plans without consulting someone else. Last minute trip to Vegas? Stopping for beer and burgers on the way home from work? Go for it!
  3. I am healthier. I know statistically married men live longer, but I've found that when I am dating I let my diet and workout plan fall by the way side.
  4. Weddings are enjoyable. Take a date to the wedding and you feel awkward and under pressure to commit – fly solo and it's a big party!
  5. Personal space! No finding girly stuff lying around the apartment, no having to pick up my underwear!
  6. It saves money, I don't feel obliged to buy gifts or go on expensive dates.
  7. The sex life of the bachelor is great. Sure familiarity can be good, but nothing beats the thrill of a one night stand!
  8. I can watch whatever I like – no more missing football for sex in the city!
  9. I can hangout with my friends any time I like without anyone telling me they are a bad influence
  10. You get the space you need to learn who you are as an individual so when the time is right you know exactly what you need form a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment